Help Your Child with Mathematics
Maths – No Problem!
We now have some parent videos to help with number bonds, subtraction, mental calculations, multiplications and long division.
KIRFs Foundation Stage
Below are the KIRFs (Key Instant Recall Facts):
- Say the number names in order to 5
- Begin to know the days of the week
- Say the numbers in order to 10
- Be able to partition numbers to 5 into two groups
- Count in 10’s
- Count in 2’s
KIRFs Year 1
- Know all the number bonds to 5
- Know the days of the week, the seasons and the months of the year
- Know all the number bonds to 10
- Know all the doubles and halves to 10
Know all addition/subtraction facts for all numbers between 0 and 10
Count forward and backward in steps of 2, 5 and 10
KIRFs Year 2
- Know all number bonds to 20
- Know multiplication and division facts for the 2 times table
- Know multiplication and division facts for the 10 times table
- Know the doubles and halves of all numbers to 20
- Know all addition/subtraction facts for the multiples of 10 to 100
- Know the multiplication and division facts for the 5 times table
For more information on ways to help your child in Numeracy, please click on the link below.
Following the KS1 presentation by Mr Straughan on Thursday 28th September 2017 to parents of Years 1 and 2 we have some additional information below. Extra pages for each area can be found under these PowerPoint presentations. The evenings presentation can be found on the Curriculum page of the website.